What is Embezzlement in Calgary?
Embezzlement is a property crime, and is considered a theft or a financial fraud. It involves an act of deception by someone who is entrusted to hold money or property for another person, and misusing these assets in a way that was not intended by the owner. Embezzlement can be accomplished by one person or a group of persons.
The Five Elements of Embezzlement
There are five elements of embezzlement that are typically associated with this kind of theft:
- Fraud â a person willfully converted anotherâs property to his own;
- Conversion â unlawful interference with an ownerâs property;
- Property â tangible and intangible properties;
- Another â a person cannot embezzle his own properties;
- Possession â the property must have been in lawful possession of another person and then converted for embezzlement to occur.
Call a Calgary Embezzlement Attorney today!
Embezzlement can be a petty attempt to steal a little bit of money, or an elaborate method of stealing a great deal of money or property . Let the criminal trial lawyers at Blumer Ouellette Solutions fight for your rights. Call our experienced Calgary embezzlement lawyers today at 1-844-BOS-Team (1-844-267-8326) to schedule a consultation.